I have so many series sitting on my bookcases collecting dust and so many e-books that I haven’t even touched that I felt I needed to join this 2014 challenge. My goal is to read as many series in 2014 that I possibly can so that is why I have decided to go with the Platinum level of 12 or more series.
1. Mercy Thompson
The lovely Rachel, the mastermind behind Parajunkee, has created this awesomesauce challenge for us book bloggers. I am super excited about it. As I am jumping back into book blogging after a hiatus. The upside to this challenge is that it is super EASY!
NOTE: If I happen to acquire any new followers to my blog. Thank you and I look forward to learning more about you!
Since I am jumping back into book blogging I have decided to keep my resolutions simple and hope that I can keep this thing going. So here are my resolutions for 2014…
- Complete my Goodreads reading challenge. I have committed to reading 60 books in 2014. Here’s hoping that I can stay on track.
- Try more Audiobooks. I am currently listening to Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. I am exactly 1% into it.
- Meet new bloggy friends. I actually started book blogging many moons ago (like 2009) but I have taken several hiatus’ and now I need to basically start over and make new blogging pals.
- Find a review format and stick to it. This was part of my problem with my old blogs. I couldn’t find a review format that I enjoyed so I wasn’t really able to commit. Parajunkee’s BB101 posts here I come!
- Do my own thing. In the past I have been known to be super jealous of the “popular” bloggers. Since I am in the process of starting from scratch I just need to focus on doing my own thing and worry about my blog and no one else’s.
- Complete my 2014 Reading Challenges. This was a big issue in the past. I’d sign up and then not complete a single one. So I’ve only signed up for 2 so far for 2014.
- Create a Review/Giveaway Policy.
- Participate in WOW and Stacking the Shelves.
- Try to create discussion posts that encourage engaging conversation.
- Complete my About page
That is what I have come up with so far. I may not be participating in all of the days, since I am just jumping back in, but I will participate on the days that I feel I have something to contribute.
Feel free to leave me a link to your post and I’ll drop by and visit.
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. This is our chance to show off all the new books that we are waiting to get our hands on!
My selection for this week is…..
An unexpected phone call heralds a new challenge for Mercy. Her mate Adam’s ex-wife is in trouble, on the run from her new boyfriend. Adam isn’t the kind of man to turn away a person in need—and Mercy knows it. But with Christy holed up in Adam’s house, Mercy can’t shake the feeling that something about the situation isn’t right.
Soon, her suspicions are confirmed when she learns that Christy has the farthest thing from good intentions. She wants Adam back and she’s willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen, including turning Adam’s pack against Mercy.
Mercy isn’t about to step down without a fight, but there’s a more dangerous threat circling. Christy’s ex is more than a bad man—in fact, he may not be human at all. As the bodies start piling up, Mercy must put her personal troubles aside to face a creature with the power to tear her whole world apart.
Release Date: March 11, 2014
I started reading this series many moons ago and never finished reading, even though I have all the currently released books. I can hardly wait to see what is next for Adam and Mercy! I really like that cover too.